311 Portal CRM-on premise set up - sign in to update content

Jun 1, 2012 at 3:16 PM

I can't sign into the 311 Portal for making content updates after installing the 311 Accelerator for an on-premise CRM installation. Sign in link on 311 Portal is taking me to a live id login. I am not sure how the live id is linked to the on-premise installation.

Wondering if I am missing something. Can content update be done by signing in to the 311 Portal for an on-premise installation?

Thanks,

jseb

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Once you install the 311 solution you need to configure the Web Portal for Live ID starting with Step 6 in the installation document.

6. The portal ships with Live ID for a citizen authentication mechanism. The portal can be configured for any authentication mechanism that supports ASP.NET IPrincipal or the ASP.NET Membership provider model. To configure the portal for Live ID, the portal must first be registered with Live ID.

Once you have that configured you can then give your Live ID permissions to manage the content on the portal and that is also in the documents.

Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 7:17 AM
To: Ken Mallit
Subject: 311 Portal CRM-on premise set up - sign in to update content [311center:357991]

I can't sign into the 311 Portal for making content updates after installing the 311 Accelerator for an on-premise CRM installation. Sign in link on 311 Portal is taking me to a live id login. I am not sure how the live id is linked to the on-premise installation.

Wondering if I am missing something. Can content update be done by signing in to the 311 Portal for an on-premise installation?

Thanks,

jseb