Import Solution Error

Nov 3, 2011 at 12:35 PM

I'm trying to import the MicrosoftXrmCustomerPortal.zip solution, but im getting the following error:

The following componets are missing in your system and are not included in the solution.

user systemuser entity system adx_systemuser_contact

Is there something i'm missing? Thanks

Coordinator
Nov 3, 2011 at 8:32 PM

A few questions to help diagnose the problem:

1. Are you trying to install Online or On-Premise?

2. Have you verified you have all the pre-reqs installed or configured?

If you are still having problems I would be happy to get on a call and web conference to walk thru the install with you.

You can contact me directly at: kenmal@microsoft.com

Nov 3, 2011 at 8:45 PM

There is a bug in the CRM solution model where if you have already customized your CRM with another relationship between two system entities (ie: contact and user), a managed solution with that same relationship will fail.  The only known workaround is to delete the existing relationship.

Nov 4, 2011 at 6:32 AM

@Kenmal, Thanks for the prompt response.

1. I'm installing On-Premise

2. Yes, I have verified that all pre-reqs are installed and confirgured

I'm currently setting up a new environment, if i'm still having issues i will email you.

@Shan, Is a new organisation with no customisations

Nov 4, 2011 at 1:53 PM

The scenario of a new organization and importing the Microsoft customer portal solution file is a well-tested scenario and I doubt that you would be having an issue.  There is a known bug in solutions that will be fixed soon that directly affects the ability to import a managed solution file when there have been custom relationships made between two system entities.  Please examine your customizations and look for an unmanaged relationship between contact and user.  It is either that or you never received that message with the customer portal solution file but another solution file in the package.

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Let me know if you still have issues and I can setup a conference call to review your issues.

ken

Nov 17, 2011 at 7:44 AM

@Kenmal & Shan

Thanks guy's, after setting up the new environment the solution imported successfully. Will let you know if i require further assistance.