Unmanaged Solution

Nov 1, 2011 at 6:34 PM

We have a solution to which we would like to add the portal. We install the portal and our solution and all is fine. But when we try to upgrade our solution, the portal stops working. Is there a way to get the unmanaged version, so that we can add the portal to our solution? 

Nov 1, 2011 at 7:04 PM

Can you provide more information on what you mean by "when we try to upgrade our solution, the portal stops working".  This should have nothing to do with unmanaged or managed solutions.  We are only shipping managed solutions and cannot ship the unmanaged versions.  That said, you should not ever need the unmanaged versions.  The only supportable solution type that we can ship is managed solutions.

Nov 1, 2011 at 7:10 PM

My mistake. When we try to upgrade to a newer version of our solution (1.00.01 -> 1.00.02) , it won't import to CRM. We get import errors. 

Nov 1, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Have you looked at the detailed import log?  It is usually pretty good at giving you the details of the underlying error.  Usually...  If you can't figure it out, feel free to send it to me and I will look at it  (my email is shan dot mcarthur at adxstudio.com)