Map Configuration Issues

Oct 12, 2011 at 6:52 PM

I have some more troubles when deploying Microsoft 311 Accelerator for Dynamics CRM 2011.

I have succesfuly instaled and deployed 311 portal. It shotws request types and allows to place request to Dynamics CRM. But when i open Service Request Map i see nothing. When i open service request indo in CRM i see Latitude=0 and Longitude=0. I tried to set location to adress, full adress, coords like Latitude,Longitude , Latitude;Longitude,  Latitude Longitude and still same zeroes in location. 

And one more problem - i could not use map view when i acces services->311->map. It says "You are offline. Check network"

What should i do to make service request maps working?

Nov 1, 2011 at 8:06 PM

There are a few different map settings.  The most important setting is getting your own map dev account.  I believe this is covered in the documentation.  Then you have to add the dev account and the map coordinates to both Settings and Site Settings.  Again, I believe that this is covered in the documentation.

Nov 2, 2011 at 7:58 PM
Edited Nov 2, 2011 at 8:01 PM

So, to be shure - do i need 2 accounts on https://www.bingmapsportal.com/ and they should be Application Type: Developer?

Nov 2, 2011 at 8:01 PM

You should only need one license.  Yes, I recommend starting with a developer license, then look at the terms for when you need to sign a service agreement.

Nov 2, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Nice. Now i have maps working maps in portal311 part and in CRM Part.

But address search is still not working both from CRM (Call 311 script) and Portal311 parts. Where could be a problemm?

Nov 2, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Make sure your plugins are enabled.  Address validation is done using a custom entity with a plugin.  the plugin reads the Bing Maps development settings from Settings | 311 / Settings entity.  It looks for Adxstudio/ProductivityPack/BingMap/Key, Adxstudio/ProductivityPack/BingMap/RestUrl, and uses Adxstudio/ProductivityPack/BingMap/UserLocation/Latitude and Adxstudio/ProductivityPack/BingMap/UserLocation/Longitude settings for user location to give a better hit on an address.

Aug 17, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Good day,

I'm also having so issues setting up the map. It seems that the procedure for creating bing maps keys has changed somewhat since I cannot find a developper type key anywhere. It seems to have been replaced by the Public WebSite type key. However, there is a trial and a basic type key, which one should I use? Also, does the url have to be specified? Since I'm only trying to set up a demo, I'm still working on my localhost, wondering if that has an impact.

I have another question regarding maps in 311. Is it possible to switch from bing maps to a private ArcGIS Server Map Service? What is involved in this? Minor changes to the CRM settings or code to extend the Portal?

Thanks for your help,

Aug 17, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Got it for the first part. Seems it was a problem with the CRM Cache not considering my modifications. I have setup a web notification url for http:\\localhost:SomePortNumber\Cache.axd, don't know why it won't work.  I'll have to look into this further.

Still have the question about ArcGIS though...